June 27, 2009

Mathilda, my anniversary girl


Anniversary girl / Catwalk

Time to introduce Mathilda and my little contribution to the Blythe 8th anniversary charity exhibition. This year theme is "Fashion Obsession".

I picked the 70's as the main influence for my set.
Keywords : 70's, bohemian, autumn :-)

Mathilda, my anniversary girl


Mathilda, my anniversary girl

As a kid, Mathilda loved to spend her time in her grandmum's attic, her little wonderland. The wardrobes and trunks were full of old time treasures: bags, dresses, coats, hats, purses, jewels and shoes from previous decades. All forgotten. They all seemed to be asleep, only waiting to be awaken. For Mathilda, there was something magical about them: they had a soul, a story to tell.
Later on, as a grown-up, Mathilda's love for retro clothing had turned into a real passion, which led her to go to garage sales, second hand shops and flea markets, always searching for that special piece of clothing awaiting to be brought to life once again.

Mathilda, my anniversary girl

(Real patchwork shoulder bag, vintage custom boots with added lace.
Embroidered felt coat with faux fur.Vintage "buttons". Half belt at the back.)


Mathilda, my anniversary girl

Mathilda's outfit takes us back to our favorite decades music and fashion wise and revisits the bohemian look which has been a recurring fashion theme throughout the last century and beyond.
Her dress, inspired from the 20's, pairs with a skinny fit embroidered coat which screams 70's. Some lace up boots and a patchwork shoulder bag complete her retro look.
I was absolutely thrilled to work on this project.

Anniversary girl / handmade decor
Handmade "catwalk" with embroidered leaves and felted bush.

Anniversary girl / set

Information about the Blythe anniversary charity event can be found here.
See all the dolls

bnr_anniv09

More pictures of Mathilda in her Flickr album.

Mathilda, my anniversary girl