May 18, 2011

Magnolia


It's been quite a while since my last update but if I've been pretty inactive online... I've been more than busy offline !
Magnolia is my custom girl for the Sunshine Festival which takes place at Junie Moon, Tokyo, Japan.
The theme for this event is "summer", and the doll offered for customization is Manuheali'i "Paradise Girl".

I've always wanted to customize another dark skinned girl ever since Nirvana but never got the chance so far so I was thrilled to be given this opportunity...


Magnolia

Magnolia

Magnolia

Magnolia

Magnolia         Magnolia


Magnolia was rerooted with long dark brown mohair. I chose pastel colours for her make up to enhance her dark skin. Her whole outfit is inspired from vintage fashion. 
Her dress is made of pinkish amethyst cotton voile and is inspired from the 70's maxi dresses. She also comes with a pair of handmade cork platform shoes and a little embroidered bag which is inspired from a purse my aunt brought me from a trip to India when I was a kid. Her necklace is of course a magnolia flower, which in Floriography means " a love of nature"... 



Magnolia

Platform shoes

Magnolia

Magnolia


I also made a couple of "Mademoiselle Magnolia" outfit sets.
They include a pair of denim flared trousers, a tunic dress made of the same amethyst cotton voile, a magnolia necklace (length is adjustable), a little embroidered bag and a flower hairpin.

Mademoiselle Magnolia  Mademoiselle Magnolia

Mademoiselle Magnolia

Mademoiselle Magnolia

Mademoiselle Magnolia